Saturday 19 May 2012

Growing up beside you


I spend a lot of time with my family, and yesterday was no exception. I had a mother daughter afternoon. We took a road trip to Noosa, listening, singing and dancing, to the band Police, it was really lovely. We originally went to visit the prize home, but unfortunately we didn't really find it all that impressive so we took a quick look around and were out of there by 10 minutes. Mum bought two tickets because she feels bad when she doesn't, and she made a joke about how she will probably win the house because she doesn't really like it. Although i wouldn't mind if we won it, i think it would be really interesting to live in Noosa!  We pulled into Aldi on our journey home, we bought a chest of drawers for my bedroom, i had one already but it was pretty outdated and didn't match my room at all! It came in a flat pack so dad and i bonded over making it, which was actually pretty fun because i like making things like that. Afterwards we walked next door to an organic coffee shop called Organika. I love going to organic places, i think i love the music and how everyone is a little alternate and passionate about life. We saw an $8 pineapple and were a little flabbergasted that they could sell something so little for that much! So we proceeded to buy a booked called, Global Gypsy, one of those books filled with darling black and white photos and quotes that make you think about how you're living, and we read it over chai tea, a latte and honey nut slice. It was so good, afterwards we went to a pot shop, mum bought a water fountain, and because we brought my car, a Mazda 2, it was filled to the brim with flat boxes, food and the water fountain. So it was a pretty interesting trip home, driving without a back window is not my favourite way to drive, i treasure that window more than i ever thought i would now! It was such a good day! I like spending time with my Mum. My brother is also in a band, Apollo and the Sun, you should check them out on TripleJ Unearthed, anyway, my darling friend and I went to see them play and we got home so late so now my eyes are playing a constant battle to stay opened. My brother is so talented, he is one of my favourite people in the world! Overall, it was such a wonderful day filled with everything wonderful. 

our honey-nut splice
My latte, with a London spoon!

Global Gypsy, an amazing book.

Buddhist statues

A frog teapot, it was awfully cute, it reminded me a lot of Spirited Away

I never wear jeans, so i thought the occasion needed to be documented. 

My mother looking at a bamboo ladder